ISU Police offers a free self-defense course to faculty, staff, and students. This course focuses on situational awareness, existing personal self-defense devices, and general physical skills and techniques that can be used in a variety of situations.
This self-defense program covers striking (i.e. punches and elbow strikes) and how to escape an attack from behind and will provide an opportunity to practice those skills. All necessary equipment will be provided by instructors. Participants are encouraged to arrive dressed in their typical day-to-day attire.
To schedule a self-defense course, please e-mail our Outreach Unit at email@example.com.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know when to use self-defense
- Understand the importance of enhanced safety awareness
- Know how to demonstrate a proper strike and elbow
- Know how to demonstrate a proper kick and knee strike
- Know how to defend against choke holds
- Understand the importance of other self-defense options