Concerns or Complaints

Concerns or complaints that involve university property should be directed to ISU Police by submitting an online form, calling (515) 294-4428, or by email. Anonymous complaints are very hard to investigate. Please give your name and phone number or email address as it may be necessary to verify information received.

Any person may register a complaint with the Iowa Department of Public Health. A complainant may want to remain anonymous. However, the Division may need to verify information submitted, therefore, anonymous complaints will not be accepted. Complaints may be lodged by:

  • Calling the toll-free number, 1-888-944-2247, or
  • Registering a complaint on the department’s website,, or
  • Downloading a complaint form from the department’s website and mailing it to the department at:

Department of Public Health
Division of Tobacco Use Prevention and Control
Lucas State Office Building
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319