Community Service Officer
Goal: provide an opportunity for student employees to contribute to the safety, security, and well being of the Iowa State University Community.
Objectives: insure the safety of community members; facilitate the security of academic buildings; provide services to enhance the quality of the ISU experience; and afford student employees with positive law enforcement role models.
- report suspicious activity and individuals to ISU Police
- lock and unlock campus buildings
- address maintenance problems on campus
- mitigate fire hazards
- provide security for special events
- smoking enforcement
- assist police officers
- assist campus community
- office lockouts
- jump starting and unlocking vehicles
Work Hours: CSO’s are on campus 5:30 PM until 6:30 AM daily, plus 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM on weekends.