What is SART?
SART consists of specially trained professionals from multiple agencies who work together to provide a community coordinated response to reports of sexual assault. Members of SART represent the fields of law enforcement, health care, advocacy, and prosecution and are employed in the public and private sectors (university, city and county governments, medical clinics, and nonprofits). SART strives to provide the first response to ensure a consistent, compassionate and professional initial contact for victims and improve the likelihood of successful prosecutions. The program is based out of the Iowa State University Police Department in Ames, Iowa.
The Story County SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) mission is to serve sexual assault victims by coordinating an immediate, high quality, multi-disciplinary, victim-centered response which may include health care, law enforcement, advocacy, and judicial systems.
SART Agencies include:
- Iowa State University Police Department
- Ames Police Department
- Story County Sheriff's Office
- Nevada Police Department
- Huxley Police Department
- Story City Police Department
- ACCESS (Assault Care Center Extending Shelter and Support)
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Planned Parenthood of the Heartland
- Thielen Student Health Center
- Story County Medical Center
- Story County Attorney's Office
FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE, CONTACT ANY SART AGENCY. Story County SART services are provided 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.